Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm so excited!

Wow!

I just had the most amazing 2 hour conversation about where our destiny's lie as a collective. I, being on the Sikh Path and a daughters of Guru Gobind Singh (10th Guru of the Sikh faith), am here to serve this world. The Guru is manifested through me.
My father once told me what he thought the Guru was. He said that God is so powerful and awesome that if we tried to connect to God, it would be overwhelming. Almost like trying to fill up a glass test tube with a waterfall. So, we need a middleman or something to intercept the almighty force and channel it in a way that we can understand. Give the essense to us in small bites as opposed to a full course meal for 2000 people.
His similie was that if we knew that there was water in the ground, and we couldn't just go and get it, we'd have to use a tool like a pump to bring the water up to us. God is the water. The pump is the Guru, the intermediary. And then, ah, we can get the nourishing water.
All we are doing is listening and letting it flow through. It's about letting it flow through in the highest most unclouded unpollutted, non egotistical way.

What am I talking about?? Come on, let's ground it out!

Well, I've been given a great challenge from my boss to create a two year business plan for my work. I'm now moving into really owning my own position holding the space for the Khalsa Council, a governmentally organized visioning council composed of Sikhs from all around the world. So, I'm a very creative person and for a little while I was afraid that this meant no more creativity. However, as I'm getting more and more comfortable expanding into this role, I'm realizing how fun I actually can make it!

So, I've been trying to figure out this buisness plan and thinking in my own little box up until today. I had a meeting with Sat Mitar Kaur who works in a totally different department. She is now going to be working on the PR for our non profit religous organization. So, we had a talk about how the members in my job connect with the PR work that she is doing and ding! all of a sudden we realized that we were on the same wavelength. Our ideas danced and coallesced in such a beautiful way that it all multiplied and grew to unimaginable bounds. That is why I'm sitting here right now writing on this blog. I've realized that the way we can let the whole world know what amazing gifts the Guru has blessed us with in our extended family (that means to you!) is through making blogs. This is writing about who we are as the many different facets and expressions of God. How else can I be me and help you?

over and out!
gurudarshan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home